Convenient and safe, Halton Stairlifts have introduced virtual stairlift surveys to help you stay safe in your home during the COVID-19 coronavirus lockdown.
Following the recommended infection control and health and safety measures, we have developed a way of working remotely that will help to protect both our customers and our employees. Even though we are still working, we have suspended all routine service inspections so that we can focus on helping people stay at home.
Can I Still Buy a Stairlift?
As part of the health and social care supply chain, the Halton Stairlifts team of engineers are classed as key workers by the government. Stairlift installation can help people stay independent at home, prevent hospital admission, and also speed up hospital discharge. We play a vital role in supporting vulnerable individuals and reducing strain on the NHS. We are still open to new and existing customers and you can still buy a stairlift from us.
What are Virtual Stairlift Surveys?
Before the UK was placed under lockdown restrictions, Halton Stairlifts would carry out a home assessment. During this visit, a member of our team would measure your staircase, discuss your requirements, and make appropriate stairlift recommendations alongside our no-obligation quotes.
With the arrival of social distancing measures, we’ve had to adapt our approach. This will make sure managing the risk of infection is always at the forefront of what we do. To find you the best stairlift, we’re now carrying out virtual stairlift surveys with your assistance.
Through a virtual survey, you’ll need to provide us with as much information as possible over the phone. We’ll use this information to give you the most accurate fixed quote and recommend the most suitable stairlift. We won’t need to set foot in your home at this stage if you can share the following with us:
- The measurements of your staircase
- Your individual requirements. For example, do you need automated features or manual?
- Any photographs you can take and email to us
Don’t worry about feeling like you need to become a stairlift expert in a matter of minutes. We’ll guide you through the process step by step. To help make things even easier, we’ve also got some useful online tools to show you how to measure up properly.
Once you receive your fixed quote, there’s absolutely no obligation for you to continue further. We will never pressure you into a sale and will leave you to make your own mind up.
Use Our Stairlift Measuring Guide
The Halton Stairlifts Stairlift Measuring Guide will help you to measure up your staircase correctly.
You can also take a look at our video, to see how it’s done:
What Happens Next
- Before they leave our site, we ensure all engineers have the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks, and approved hand gel. We also check that they are fit for work each day, and will ask engineers to follow self-isolation procedures if they are displaying symptoms.
- If two engineers are required, we will send two separate vans instead of pairing engineers in the same van.
- All stairlifts are cleaned before leaving the warehouse and after installation using the approved anti-bacterial spray.
- Depending on the location of your stairs, you won’t need to stay in the same room as the engineer.
- If we need to, we’ll cut the stairlift track on-site at your home to ensure a perfect fit.
- We can also hand over the details about your stairlift and installation and carry out ‘virtual demonstrations’ over the phone if you need us to.
We offer a wide range of stairlifts suited to your home. If you have mobility issues and feel like you need that extra bit of support when using stairs, then our stairlifts are the solution.
We offer a wide range of used stairlifts suited to your home. If you have mobility issues and feel like you need that extra bit of support when using stairs, then our stairlifts are the solution.
Need any other information please contact us direct on 0800 644 7766
Halton Stairlifts Galleries
Neil is the founder of Halton Stairlifts. He has years of experience installing stairlifts across the UK. With an eagerness to help those with mobility issues get up the stairs, Neil understands how important it is for a seamless and straightforward approach to installing stairlifts to help those in need quickly.