Stairlift VAT Exemption
Products designed specifically to relieve the symptoms of a chronic illness or disability qualify for VAT exemption under the VAT Act 1994. If you are buying a stairlift from us, you may be eligible for stairlift VAT exemption.
Please complete the form below if you qualify for Tax Relief.
Eligibility for Stairlift VAT Exemption
VAT Relief is available to certain individuals on selected products supplied by Halton Stairlifts.
Stairlift VAT exemption is available when:
“The person is “chronically sick or disabled” and the goods and services are purchased or acquired for their personal or domestic use”
A person is considered “chronically sick or disabled” if he/she is a person:
- With a physical or mental impairment which has long term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities
- With a condition which the medical profession treats as chronic sickness, such as diabetes, arthritis
- Registered disabled
- Who is terminally ill
It does not include:
- a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied
- any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
If you are not sure if you qualify, please ask your medical advisor, as we are not able to give medical opinions.
APPLY WITH US TODAY
PLEASE NOTE | By completing our on-line VAT Relief form you must agree to these terms and conditions and that you are claiming relief from Value Added Tax under Group 12 of Schedule 8 to the Value Added Tax Act of 1994. For further information please click this link VAT Relief – Notice 701/7
Once we have received your VAT Relief declaration we will register it on your account and it will remain active for three years.
* VAT Relief is controlled by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and applies only to those products designed to be used to relieve the symptoms of a chronic illness or disability.