Changed your mind about a stairlift? Use our stairlift cooling off period
The Halton Stairlifts 14 Day Right to Cancel | Consumer Credit Notice
Consumers are entitled to a stairlift cooling off period of 14 days. During this time, you have the right to cancel your order or purchase and obtain a full refund.
This Consumer Credit notice relates to distance buying (in this case via our website and also if you choose to phone an order through).
STAIRLIFT COOLING OFF PERIOD | PROVIDING NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
You must provide notice of cancellation in writing in one of the following ways:
Posted to or left at the following address:
Unit 16 Sprint Way,
Speke Business Park,
Liverpool, Merseyside L24 9AB
Emailed to email@example.com
You must ensure this is done no later than 14 calendar days after receipt of goods.
The stairlift cooling off period does not include the following:
- SPECIAL ORDER GOODS | Goods made to order and personalised specification.
- MADE TO MEASURE STAIRLIFTS | Stairlifts (curved and straight) and other lifts or hoists that we have cut and made to measure.
When there’s no cooling-off period
With some types of distance sale, you don’t get the right to a cooling-off period.
This includes when:
- you buy certain types of goods like custom-made goods or perishable items
- you buy from a private individual and not a business
- you’re a business customer
- you buy items by bidding at a public auction; an online auction is not a public auction because you cannot attend it. You should therefore get the right to cancel your purchase, when you buy from an online auction.